Welcome to the Rotten Websites Wiki
In an ever-changing world, where the economy is so unpredictable; it's no surprise to see websites and the Internet screw over their own userbases or go downhill with poor ideas. Check out this referata, and we'll watch to see the sites that have screwed over their userbases with various updates. We'll also be covering "rotten" moments in internet history, whether it be pranks, gimmicks, or infamous internet culture with viral madness!
Welcome to Rotten Websites ShoutWiki! This ShoutWiki covers "rotten" websites and why those sites suck; ranging from video websites to social networking, or possibly notable people on the Internet that are known to be just rotten as best.
There are two rottens; why they're "rotten" and why "their businesses" rotten. "Why They're Rotten" covers unfair businesses, and "Why Their Businesses' Rotten" covers a site that has gotten downhill to their userbases via unfair updates or poor practices for a business.
To qualify for this list, a website/online business/internet culture must have either;
- Terrible staff/SJWs
- Terrible updates that screw over their userbase.
- Terrible business practices and poorly designed technologies.
- Caused controversy such as hacking incidents/scandals/raids/ransom.
- Gimmicks that they tried but failed.
- Negative ways to impact the Internet such as censorshiprf or pranks to pull.
- Poor website designs.
Also note the following
- Avoid posting personal information.
- Vandalism will not be tolerated or else you will be blocked.
- Do not offend, harass or bully any users on this site. Users violating this rule will be warned or else will be blocked on this wiki.
- If other users are being rude towards you, avoid offending them in return and report them to an admin.
- Ignore trolls, as giving them attention will only fuel their attempts to pester you.
- Refrain from using profanity on pages unless it is used in a quote or is basically important. Profanity on the Talk Page and Comments is fine as long as it isn't used to offend others.
- ShoutWiki wikis may criticized, even the service itself may be criticized, so long as said criticism abides by the rules here and those of this hosting service in general. Also, using ShoutWiki's resources to claim that Wikia sucks is a discrepancy and unfair, regardless of the effective quality of it.
- If criticism about a particular fanbase is being made, be sure to make it here. The communities we discuss here are about internet culture and journalism.
- Do not go on these sites to attack it, harass its users, or even tell them about our articles.
- You will always be able to argue about your ban on your Talk Page, unless what you did was unforgivable (doxxing, vandalism, as well as harassment, offending and threatening even after multiple warnings issued).
- Making excuses for bad reasons or choices will not be tolerated.
- Strictly No Flame or edit wars should be allowed.
- Lessen the usage of cliché words or cliché phrases.